Sunday, June 10, 2012

Brotherly Talks


Brotherly Talks
Co-written by t!Deuce and t!Ty!
Takes place late Saturday evening. Barely edited. Just taken out of Skype and the time stamps and names taken off. Should Ty protest, there can be edits made later! Just feeling lazy on this warm Sunday morning! D:

So Ty is pretty much going to go in there, give Deuce a few shots and say "It was Nick, wasn't it?"

Deuce will be quiet and examining his shot glass for a while before Ty gets a quick "Yup."

Ty will groan and bury his face in his hands "Oh hell....Hey, Deacon, since when do you like guys? Also, you know I promised Nick I'd beat the shit out of the guy who hurt him...."

He won’t know how to answer that. He'll eventually just shrug. "Since Nick... and go for it. Been mentally beating the hell out of myself since I told him that me and Livi were going to try to work stuff out..."

"I can't beat the crap out of my brother...Christ, you know he's drinking because of you. What do you plan to do about this?"

"I don't know... that's why I came to my big brother for advice."

*sigh*  You and Livi, how's that working out?"

-shakes his head- it's not... the guilt has been fucking killing me. I haven't been sleeping, been thinking about him, and...

"The first thing you need to do is tell her. Everything. Okay, maybe not everything. But the who and the why."

"I told her that I stayed an extra few days in Boston with an old friend... I didn't actually lie about that... but he's a fucking monster or something and left marks on my neck and shoulder... couldn’t hide those..."

"You need to tell her the truth, Deuce."

-sighs- "I know..."

"And then see what she does with you.  And then.... *shrug* I have no idea what you should do about Nick..."

-rubs his eyes- "I really, really fucked up there..."

"No, shit, Sherlock..... You need to talk to him... I don't know what you could possibly say to him... but you need to talk."

"I was just... I guess fucking terrified is one way of putting it..."

"I want to know what you were thinking hooking up with Nick in the first place"

"It just kinda happened... when you guys were in Philly and we all had dinner together, we were sitting together and started talking and there was a spark of something there... And when I went to Boston, we were sitting on the back deck talking on Sunday night... and we just kind of both moved in and we kissed...and it just kind of exploded from there..."

*eyerubs* I knew he had a crush on you, but Christ....."

"I had a crush on him too... I just didn't realize it..."

*clears his throat* And you still.... have... feelings for him?"

-hasn't been able to look at Ty since the conversation started- "Yeah..."

"Look at me, Deuce."

-finally looks over at him- "I don't regret it... any of it"

*sigh* There are worse people you could fall for than Nick. I just wish you had both been smarter. You especially. You're in a relationship"

"What can I say, I have issues when my heart get involves..." -sighs- "I'm worried about him..."

"If you were anyone else I'd say you have no right to be worried about him since you put him in this state. *pauses* Your heart?"

"I know it's my fault Ty..." -studies his hands- "I really like him, Ty..."

"Talk about putting me between a rock and a hard place, man...."

"I hated keeping it from you, but... I didn't know how you'd react..."

"Well if you had waited any longer to come clean there would have been screaming and possible disownment"

"I just wanted to figure things out first... figure out what the hell was going on in my head. And you’ve had so much shit going on that I didn't want to add to your stress level.."

"Don't ever be afraid to talk to me, Deacon. I'm never too busy for family"

"I know... I guess I'm just used to you coming to me and changing things up just seems weird. And it's Nick. It's your fucking best friend... that makes it different than if it was some other guy, you know?"

"Still should talk to me. You aren't the only one who can give advice. Nick might be my friend, but you're my blood, man"

"I was just trying to figure it all out... wasn't sure how to tell you. 'Oh by the way, Nick and I had some fucking hot sex in Boston' wouldn't have gone over well"

"OH HELL MAN, Too much intel!”

"Hey, I didn't go into detail!"

"Still too much"

"And you didn't go into too much detail when you told me that you and Zane were fucking?!"

"Touche."

"You knew when it finally hit that Zane was special... and now I know how you feel if that makes sense. Don't know what I'm going to do about it"

"First, you are going to decide what you're going to do about Livi. Can't have your cake and eat it too. Then... then we'll work on what to do about Nick... Do you... Do you have any idea how he feels about you?"

"I'll talk to her when I get back to Philly... could be an interesting conversation. And no... but I think it's damn similar to how I feel about him"

"Okay, enough serious talk! Let's go get ice cream, my treat."

-laughs-" That's my brother... fix it all with ice cream!"

"You complaining? I can leave you home and just take Zane."

"Do you hear me complaining? I'll get the biggest thing there just to make you spend more money!"

"Fine by me, but in that case we're getting Gelato. If I'm gonna spend money it's gonna be on the food stuff"

"No complaints over here! Let's go grab Zane... heh, he's going to kill me too, isn't he?"

"Only slightly less than me"

"Damn. And I left my bat at home. I could use that tonight."

"Not a chance in hell, come on"

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this. Helps fill in some of the blank spots. I am so glad D came clean with Ty. Now I'd love to hear what happened in the phone conversation later that night between Nick and D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's coming tonight hopefully, anon! Never fear! :D

      Delete
  2. If shrinks could only analyze themselves. You could have several papers on patient D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, believe me, I know... Sometimes I think shrinks are the craziest of us all...

      Delete
  3. Brother to brother, nice touch! I was wondering if we were going to hear anything about this convo? T/Deuce is such a different character from T/Nick, less emotional, more introspective, so it's great to hear his thoughts and feelings, just like we see T/N acting his out. It gets easy to think that T/D is not feelings as shattered or confused as T/N because we 'see' less happening.

    And using T/Tye as his advice sounding board in this case is twice as clever, on one hand we see the brothers talking it out, but on the other hand, the brother and friend are so similar in some ways you can almost see T/D talking to T/N and that same comfortable vibe happening. Should there be more protesting? Tye and Nick are live-in-the-moment kind of guys, I think the heart wants what the heart wants and they would just move on and deal with how that is or is not going to happen.

    (Sorry for the rambling - you can so tell what I do for a living - lol)

    Still lovin' it, even raw is great - You rock T/Deuce and T/Tye - xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your comments! They always make me feel all warm and fuzzy! :)

      Deuce has been keeping things bottled up inside. He's been trying to put on this happy face because he has so many people he has to pretend for. But now? He's so glad that things are out in the open.

      Phone call with Nick is coming tonight!

      Delete
  4. thank you sooo much for posting this conversation (and for all the work all of you are putting into this fanfic - it's amazing!!!) - it really does give some insight into D's thoughts - he who's always been the steady counterpart to Ty's more volatile nature - I'm happy that he lets himself be the "needy" one for once :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job and thanks so much for keeping us in the loop! Really looking forward to the phone conversation ;-) An Ty.....so damn mature! Love it!

    ReplyDelete